Friday, June 17, 2016

Dorm Room-spiration


I have always been passionate about interior design. I don't know what it is but seeing a beautiful room, house, or even bathroom brings me immense joy. Needless to say, the opportunity to be able to fully decorate my dorm room (or at least my half) has not escaped my mind since the day I selected my dorm room. I had all sorts of elaborate plans for my room UNTIL I came across a picture of the dorm I'll be living in.


yeahhh, it's not a whole lot to work with. However, I love a good fixer-upper and this room certainly needs some fixing up (to say the least).

So without further ado, here are my ideas/inspirations/dreams for how my dorm will look in the fall.

the way the room in this picture is set up is closest to the setup of the BYU dorms. aren't those cinderblock walls glorious?

and tell me this isn't just so beautiful. all the heart eyes



I'm big into muted pastels and a more neutral color palette

For me, the most integral part of my dorm room is my bedspread. Here are the few I am considering:




As far as small details go, I like fairy lights because they create a nice, cozy vibe. I also love succulents because they don't require watering and they are just super cute. And photos. Lots of photos.



Obviously not all these are realistic (in fact, most aren't), but hopefully you get the general idea of my taste and how I want my humble little abode to look.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for me in the comments.

For now, I'll just dream about my ideal dorm room





No comments:

Post a Comment