Tuesday, December 20, 2016

for my lipstick loving ladies

lipstick hoarders: unite! the best part of my makeup routine (aside from my eyelashes that turn my eyes from dead to perky), is my lip color. ever since I began wearing makeup, my lips have always been my finishing and favorite routine. 

so now I'm here to share the best kept lips secret. and that is colourpop cosmetics
I have always shied away from the matte lip trend. my lips are pretty full and because of that they look reaaaallyyy nasty. I tried using a kylie lipkit but it was just not a cute look. that said, colourpop's ultra matte lips are not at all drying and last forever! I also got a gloss and two lippie stix. I was seriously so impressed with lippie stix. my everyday color right now is "konichiwa" from the hello kitty x colourpop collection.

now for the fun bit. I've taken swatches of each color I bought. all these colors (except one) are very neutral colors that work for everyday wear.
1. lumiere 2 ultra matte lip - really pretty purple-y pink color. looks rad on my dark haired girls.
2. lumiere matte lippie stix - pink color with brown undertones. really lovely neutral color for all skin tones.
3. bad habit ultra matte lip - nice berry toned lip. looks really cute with allll holiday outfits.
4. konichiwa creme lippie stix - the most adorable light pink color. a pop of color for those not daring enought to wear red or bright pink on the daily. 
5. clueless ultra matte lip - it's what I'm wearing while writing this. nude with pink undertones perfect for my fellow pale friends.
6. supercute ultra glossy lip - this gloss looks great put over any lip color or just by itself. very sparkly with champagne pink being the most dominant color.

I seriously would recommend that everyone look into buying colourpop. I can promise that I will be investing more of their products in the future. 

(fun little tidbit: if there is a kylie cosmetics color you've been dying to try, check out the lipstick selections on colourpop's site because you can generally find some pretty good dupes).

No comments:

Post a Comment